Community expectations have rightly increased in the past few years, in regards to responsible environmental management. Village Centre and Bridge Plaza are well-positioned to meet the challenges of changing environmental conditions and legislative requirements.
Environmental changes have been achieved at Village Centre & Bridge Plaza include:
- The Village Centre proudly holds a 6 star NABERS Energy Rating & 5 Star Water Rating. Bridge Plaza 6 stars NABERS Energy Rating & 3.5 Water Rating.
- 6 Star Greenstar Building Rating.
- Installation of a 100kw solar panel system at Village Centre took place in 2015, producing enough power to run 17 average homes per year, or planting 75 trees per year or, taking 122 cars off the road per year. Bridge Plaza has an 80KW system
- Installation of waterless urinals and rain water tanks to reduce water usage.
- Reconfiguration of car park lighting and the use of electronic timers have reduced energy consumption
- Collaboration with Eurobodalla Shire Council on installation of smokers bins and litter signage
- Installation of voltage reduction units to all fluorescent lighting
- Offset emissions with the purchase of green power
- Holding an annual Enviro Expo at the centres, to promote community understanding of all things sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Only environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals are sourced for cleaning
RETURN & EARN WITH US
As part of our litter reduction and sustainability initiatives, Village Centre & Bridge Plaza has a Return and Earn Machine to collect eligible containers. Better still, once you’ve inserted your empty containers, you then select your preferred method of payment!
You can choose to:
- Get a refund
- Earn Woolworths cash refund
- Choose a charity to donate your refund to
The Return & Earn machine can be found at Bridge Plaza.
Village Centre & Bridge Plaza is owned by the lean, green property machine, Active Super. One of Australia’s most sustainable direct property portfolios, achieving: